Saturday, November 27, 2010

saturday...

My hubby and I spent it with our families. His family likes to have dinner early so we went there first. We had a very traditional Thanksgiving dinner there-long table, turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn and family gathered together. At 8PM, we went to my cousin's house, where the Thanksgiving party was being hosted this year for my side of the family. When we got there, dinner wasn't ready yet. In fact, they didn't have dinner until almost 10 PM! They had a more Hispanic and laid back dinner where both friends and family were invited. They had rice and beans, deer, pork and turkey (cooked in a Hispanic style). there was no table (there were over 50 people there) and it was more like a buffet. There was music playing and people dancing. However different these two Thanksgiving dinners were everyone gathered together to give thanks for another year and another opportunity to be together. My hubby and I are thankful for this year even though we had some rough moments but these moments are the ones that makes us grown as people and get a little closer to each other when we rely on each other.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Wishing you had a great Thanksgiving Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!