Saturday, April 9, 2011

saturday...sharing a layout

I hope that you are all having a happy weekend! I got to play with my scrappy stuff this weekend and finished a layout for a few challenges.


Supplies-cardstock: Bazzill, Core-dinations; patterned paper: My Mind's Eye; chipboard: Thickers; embellishments: Prima Die Cut Felt Art flowers: Prima, Recollections; bling: Zva Creative; ink: Tim Holtz; tools: Martha Stewart punch

This layout looks kind of plain since I used mostly cardstock (black, white and cornblue) and only one pattern paper which happens to be black and white but I like the elegance and simplicity of it . I printed my picture big (8.5"x6.5") and journaled in it before I printed it out. I've always wanted to try this but needed a large picture to fit all journaling (what can I say, I'm a journaler! lol). I entered this layout in Krissy's Journaling Challenge (use a creative way of journaling in your layout). Anyway, I did some water distressing on the blue cardstock and lightly inked the raised edges.


I used Martha Stewart punch around the page and made a black doily for the background. I layered all the cardstocks and attached my picture. I hand-sewed the square around the picture. It took a while to do this but it was absolutely worth it!


I added some Prima blooms that I got recently and a few hand cut leaves with some diamond stickles and a Zva flourish and voila! I love the end product!

Thank you for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. I can't see your layout above. I am sure it is beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not a plain lay out, it is perfect and very very pretty! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you did the journaling on the photo. The bling swirl is a nice touch......~Cherrie~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!