Monday, June 20, 2011

monday...June Counterfeit Kit-My version

Happy Monday Bloggers!
Six months ago The Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog was born. I played along with them back in January and absolutely loved the outcome of this challenge (you can see my kit here and my layout here) but I got really busy soon after with the move to another city and stopped playing along although I've always been a lurker of the blog. Well, my life has settled down a bit more and I decided to play again this month.

This month the kit to be counterfeit is by Burlap & Buttercups, a new kit club. Here is their June Kit:


and here is my counterfeited kit:

(click image for a better look at my kit)

I decided to keep it small and manageable so I only chose 3 sheets of double sided paper and 6 sheets of Bazzill cardstock ( I like to use cardstock for my backgrounds). The original kit is a little too pink and girly for my taste so I focused more on the darker shades of colors and tried to match those (blue, red, green).

I pulled some bling, flowers, chipboards, and buttons from my stash and handmade some Jenny Bowlin inspired butterflies using my cuttlebug and some pearls. I also made some lilies using Lisa's tutorial (I might make a few more when I'm actually working on my layouts) because I thought they matched my papers. I printed out some journaling cards that I designed. I finished my kit with a handmade denim bloomer which again, I might make more of these when I'm actually working on my layouts. I did not include any letter stickers or Thickers because I want to use my Pazzles Inspiration for my titles.

My plan is to make 4 layouts with this kit. Do you think I can do it??? :)
Have a great day and week and thank you for stopping by my blog today.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome kit, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice kit you've pulled together. I think it looks just about the right size for 4 layouts - and you won't have many leftovers - which is a good thing. Have fun scrapping them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [21 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful kit! I love your hand made embellies. I'll bet you can get four layouts from this kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm cheering for you to get those pages done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are playing along with us again. I absolutely think you can make 4 layouts with this and can't wait to see them. Great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice kit - love the embellies and the colours - want to see what yoy make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [22 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!