Tuesday, June 28, 2011

tuesday...Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop!

Welcome to the June Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop! If you came from Laurie's blog then you are on track but if you stumbled here, please go back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge site to start the blog hop!

When was the last time that you scrapped about yourself? This month's blog hop challenge was to scrap about yourself using at least one "I" statement. For my layout, I used pictures that my hubby took of me when the two of us went exploring around our new city. I decided to make the layout from my point of view and included a little bit about my 'exploring' nature.

Here is my finished layout:



If you read my last post about the counterfeit kit challenge, then you know that I challenged myself to make 4 layouts using only 3 sheets of double sided paper. Having said this, I went to my drawing board (Photoshop CS4) and designed 4 sketches (and used some of my old sketches) to make my layouts using only these 3 sheets of paper. I cut the designs using my Pazzles Inspiration and this is what I ended up with:


These will be the basic designs of my layouts. I have already finished the layout in the bottom left corner. Today I'm going to show you how I made the one in the top right side.


Step 1. Using my Pazzles and the black Bazzill cardstock, I cut out a scallop border just like I did in my last layout.


Step 2. I placed it on top of my pattern paper to hide the edges. I distressed the patterned paper and glued everything down on a cream cardstock. I always like to mat my layouts in a white, black, brown or cream cardstock.


Step 3. I printed out my pictures, leaving a white border around it and then matted them on distressed brown cardstock.


Step 4. I then gathered all of my embellies. From my June Kit I pulled the three yellow/orange flowers, 3 of the butterflies that I had made, the journaling tag, and the denim flower. I had a few pieces of chipboard in my kit but decided that I needed more so I included a few more pieces. I also made three leaves from leftover green cardstock and printed out the word explore and cut it out to use in my layout.


Step 5. I then arranged all of my photos and embellies as shown and glued them down! For the title, I made my own thickers using craft foam and my cuttlebug. I also made my own butterfly trails using liquid pearls.

Here are a few close ups of my finished layout:







Thank you for taking the time to read through my quick tutorial. I hope you enjoyed it! To keep on hopping, please go to Rinda's blog!

Have a wonderful week!

25 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout. I love the colors and the embellies.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout. I love your flowers and butterflies. Can't wait to see the rest of your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page....and a great little tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! you are so young and talented! Great job! I love all four layouts you are going to make. This one is super elegant but fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing a great job getting four layouts from your kit this month. I knew you could do it! Beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial. So nice to see how others approach scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm impressed with how you stretched those three sheets of paper into multiple layouts! Thanks for sharing your process! The finished product is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial and a great way to conserve paper in such a tight economy! I love the layout about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great page and great post. You gave me some terrific ideas, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your plan for making four layouts with three patterned papers. Your layouts are great. I am always trying to make layouts with tons of papers to use them up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the embellishments that you made - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work is gorgeous! I love all the techniques you included in your post! Great idea for getting the most out of your patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. my kind of layout - love all that distressing and layering. great job! nice take on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the layout! It's beautiful with those colors together and all that layering! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super awesome..great blog and explanation

    ReplyDelete
  15. I appreciate that you documented your process. It is great to see. I can't get over the color of those flowers or the beautiful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely LO!! The colour palette is perfect and the pops of orange are striking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful page, I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your layout is just totally beautiful! The embellishments that you used work so well together. Great take on the challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a gorgeous LO and I like the idea of challenging yourself to use 3 sheets of paper to do 4 LO's. I have way to many scraps of PP that need to be used. If I had just done that I wouldn't have so much to organize. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much gorgeous dimension on your page! I love the colour palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Finally getting around to hopping after a stressful week - and I'm so glad I made the effort - what a brilliant "Me" page - love the three different shots of you and am awestruck by the clever challenge you set yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!