Tuesday, June 7, 2011

tuesday...making a lacy border for your circle tutorial

Hello everyone! Today I will be teaching you how to use a border punch to make your own circle doily border using a border punch.

Supplies
  • Fiskars Sunburst Border Punch
  • Scissors
  • Cardstock
  • Glue (I use Diamond Glaze)

Step 1. Punch out a border using your Fiskars Sunburst Border Punch and cut it to 1". Cut little notches like the picture above but do not cut all the way.


Step 2. You can start gluing the border to the back of your circle now. Do a little bit at the time so that you can play with the curving of the border without the glue drying on you.


Step 3. This is what you see from the front. Go around the circle attaching the border to the back of the circle. Punch out more borders and repeat the above process if your circle is bigger (mine is almost 12").


Step 4. This is your finished circle with the lacy border.


Step 5. Here is my finished layout using my lacy border circle.

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Can't wait to see your take on it!

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [08 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, I really like that, It's beautiful, I will try that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!