Saturday, September 24, 2011

saturday...3 cards using stamps

Morning everyone and happy Saturday! I hope that you are enjoying your weekend!

I have 3 cards to share with you  today. I made these three cards for the Counterfeit Challenge #3 which is to make your own embellies and alter them using stamps or alter store bought embellies with stamps.



For this card, I handmade my backrgound by stamping onto kraft paper. I also made the little bird (which is a stamp) by stamping her 3 times, one in the background blue stripped paper, one in the lighter pink and white pattern paper and another time in the darker polka dot paper. I then cut it out and pieced the chick together over the background. I  just love how sweet she looks!

here is a close up of her:


Here is the second card that I made:

I had a lot of fun making this card! I used a cream colored cardstock for the background. Using the heart paper, I used the grid to cut using my X-acto knife small rectangles to mimic a window. For the butterfly, I stamped her twice, once on acetate and once on a light blue pattern paper from my stash. I cut out both images and layer them on top of each other, only gluing the center. i added some blue rhinestones for the body.

Here is a better view of the butterfly. You can see that her wings are raised:


Finally, my third card was king of fun in the sense that I used up a lot of the smaller pieces of pattern paper that I had after making my layout and cards:


For this card, I embossed the background cream cardstock to give it some depth. I used the leftover rectangles from the previous card and line them up on this one. I used one of the smaller handmade roses that I has included on my kit and stickled the edges. I made a tiny banner and altered it by stamping it with brown ink and machine stitching it to the card.

Here is a better view of the banner and rose:


Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I hope that I've inspired you to use those stamps!

2 comments:

  1. three wonderful cards - all different and all gorgeous. i love the use of the heart paper on both cards. your pieced bird is quite adorable but the double stamped butterfly is stunning! did you print directly onto the third card for the sentiment? you've really inspired me to try to be a bit more creative on my cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!