Monday, October 3, 2011

monday...sharing a few cards today

I hope that everyone had a great National Card Making weekend (National Card Making Day was Oct. 1)! I sure did as I spent my weekend making a few cards and enjoyed playing along Pink Paislee's challenges.

For my first card, I used this Becky Fleck's sketch:


I mirrored the sketch and came up with this card:


I absolutely loved the row of buttons on the sketch and made sure that I made this the focal point of this card. I used buttons that I had lying around, most of them from old shirts, and stitched them to the card. This extra step really makes the card. I used both sides of Pink Paislee's North Pole pattern paper. I used the lighter grid pattern side as the background for my card.


I stamped a 4x6 piece of  this pattern paper with Prima's Notary stamp and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then inked the paper with Tim Holtz vintage photo ink to make the letters show. I finally glimmer misted here and there with Suede glimmer mist to give it some shimmer. I then trimmed the paper to fit in my card base (4.25x5.5") pre-bought card base. I distressed the borders and machine stitched around the edges. I punched out a small border using my Martha Stewart punch (Cherish) and then added the row of buttons and finished it off with a computer generated sentiment. I entered this card in Challenge #7 Mixed Media Challenge, which was to use more than 2 mediums on a card. I used glimmer mist and Tim Holtz's ink.

For my second card, I used a Pink Paislee 365 degrees flip notes as my focal point:


I stamped a white cardstock with Prima's Notary stamp yet again with brown ink (StazOn). I then stamped Martha Stewart butterflies and used some perfect pearls on them. I finally glimmer misted some spots with my Frost glimmer mist. I then inked and machine stitched the edges and attached to the cream colored base. I added some Pink Paislee papers to make the border in the middle. I added the notecard, stamped a sentiment by Fancy Pants and finished it off with a handmade Pink Paislee papers circle cupcake. I entered this card in Challenge #6 Stamping Challenge, which was to layer stamps. I layered my scrip stamp with Martha Stewart butterflies (perfect pearls).

Here is a close up of my embellies:


My third card was my favorite of all!


I designed and cut the shape of the card with my Pazzles Inspiration out of cream cardstock.
I used the Pink Paislee's Butterfly Gardens collection for the background of this card. I handmade the flower and glimmer misted the top 2 die cuts with Suede glimmer mist. I finished it off by adding a stamped sentiment by Fancy pants to the Pink Paislee die cut sticker circle. I entered this card in Challenge #3 Shaped Cards which happened to be hosted by Karola ( I absolutely LOVE her shaped cards!).

Here is a close up of my flower and sentiment area:


Finally, for my last card, I used the pretty lace paper from the Sweetness collection along with my sewing machine to make the background:


I stamped a white cardstock with Prima's Notary script stamp and inked the edges. I then added strips of the pattern paper that I hand cut, and machine stitched zig zags in between the strips. I love how the background looks! I made the little cupcake with Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden paper and glimmer misted the 3 smaller circles with Suede glimmer mist for some glimmer and difference in color. I finished it off by adding a stamped sentiment by Fancy Pants. I entered this card in Challenge #2 Stitching Challenge.

Here is a close up of this card:


Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful and gorgeous creations on you r blog love it

    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amarilys,
    I'll be watching this blog closely. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site.
    Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!