Sunday, October 2, 2011

sunday...AWDML October 1 Reveal- Jillibean Soup (1/3)

Good morning everyone! I can't believe that it's October already! This year is really going by so fast. Before we know it, Christmas will be here!

Well, since it's a new month this means that it's reveal day at AWDML. This month's featured manufacturers are Jillibean Soup and Ranger (very exited about this one but I'll have more on this manufacturer on the 15th!). This means that this whole month Jillibean Soup and Ranger products are 25% off over at AWDML!

Here is the first layout that I made using Jillibean Soup Mustard Soup and Spotted Owl Soup collections:

Supplies-
cardstock: Bazzill;
patterned paper: Jillibean Soup Mustard Soup Dry Mustard Powder, Dutch Mustard Soup Leeks, Spotted Owl Soup 5 Totally Fun Tunes, Spotted Owl Soup 6 Silly Owls;
alphas: Jillibean Soup Corrugated Alpha Stickers White;
embellishments: Jillibean Soup Corrugated Shapes Arrows;
buttons: Buttons Galore Button Bonanza Rainforest;
ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo;
stamp:Basic Grey Delta Series Acrylic Stamps Birthday Hat;
pens: Signo White;
tools: We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Tool, Sew Easy Head Scallop;
other:  sewing machine, Pazzles Inspiration, brown floss

I just love how these lines are so easy to use! I used them for a masculine birthday layout and absolutely love how it turned out! I also used a sketch by Becky Fleck, which is perfect for the pictures that I had of my hubby's birthday last year. I stayed pretty true to the sketch as I absolutely loved it!


I made a small cluster on the bottom left side using handstitched circles, a corrugated arrow and numbers and a little hand cut birthday owl from the pattern paper. This cluster is very masculine (I didn't add any flowers!) and it has a lot of texture, perfect for a masculine layout!


I really liked the 3 smaller photos in the sketch so I made sure that I included it in my layout. I  added 3 different sized buttons for a pop of color and as embellies. Buttons and cardboard definitely scream masculine to me so I had to add these to the layout. I hand cut another little own and added him to the bottom right side of the pictures. For the title, I cut the shape with my Pazzles and hand stitched around it to add some texture to it. I lightly stamped on the white cardstock with light brown ink so that it wasn't all white.I cut the title with my Pazzles.

I forgot to take a picture but I have hidden journaling behind the picture. I stamped the make a wish sentiment on a white cardstock and printed my journaling on it. I trimmed to size and hid it behind the picture on the left side. I added 2 smaller buttons here for balance.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Hope that you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!