Thursday, November 24, 2011

thursday...Happy Thanksgiving! (and a layout)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today I want to share a Thankful layout with you because despite all the hard times there is always something to be thankful for.

For my family, this has been a very stressful year. My hubby and I moved on our own after being married for 2 yrs and living with my mom. Not only did we moved on our own but we moved to a new city, 4 hrs away from our family and friends. It was very hard in the beginning but now that we have been in Kissimmee, FL for almost 7 months we love it! Also, this year my hubby graduated from Pharmacy School so we also moved from students to working class status. It has been a long and hard year for us but we are still thankful for everything that happened!

Here is my layout:


Supplies-
cardstock: Bazzill;
patterned paper: Basic Grey Curio Collection;
letter stickers: Basic Grey Curio Collection;
bling: Ranger Stickles-Icicle, Eucalyptus, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist-Olive Vine; Ranger Liquid Pearls-White Opal;
ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, StazOn Jet Black Archival ink, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo reinker;
stamp: Heartfelt Creations Flora Grande 2 precut Set, Distressed Leaves precut set, Prima Notary Stamp;
pens: American Craft Precision Pen-Black;
tools: Heartfelt Creations Belle Rose dies, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals dies, Pazzles Inspiration machine, Cuttlebug machine;
other: sewing machine,

One of our favorite things to do in this new city is to go hiking so I used pictures that we took in one of our most recent hiking adventures. I used the Basic Grey Curio Collection which happens to go really well with my pictures! This layout is based on my sketch #282 for Creative Scrappers.

Here is a close ups of my layout:


I handmade all the flowers and greenery. The butterlies are actually part of the papers but they were too big for my layout so I scanned them and re printed them at about 1.5".


I used the sticker letters that come in the collection for my title.


Another close up of my layers. I hid my journaling behind the photograph because it was a bit personal.


Here is my hidden journaling. I cut the shape with my Pazzles Inspiration and printed the journaling onto the cardstock so that everything would fit.

If you are interested in it, here it is:
-for my loving and wonderful husband because God put him in my path at exactly the right time
-for my family because they always support and encourage me
-for my health because I’m a very healthy person
-for good friends because without them I wouldn't be who I am today
-for nature walks because I feel closer to God
-for the gift of creativity because creating makes me happy
-for the hard times because they make me stronger and more appreciative of what I already have
-for today because God allowed me to see one more day

I hope that you are having a very Happy Thanksgiving with your families and loved ones! Remember to take a little bit of time and thank God for the good things in your life today.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I really appreciate all of your comments.

***All the Products in BOLD can be purchased from A Walk Down Memory Lane online store.

2 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous....beautiful colors and I love your flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Amarilys!! It's always nice to pause to think about what you're thankful for... sounds like you and your DH are progressing and enjoying life!

    I'm catching up today on everyone's blogs since I was traveling for last week and a half.

    Hope you have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!