Tuesday, November 15, 2011

tuesday...AWDML November 15 Reveal-Maya Road (1/4)

I'm so exited because today I get to share with my first project using Maya Road products. This is actually my first time ever using Maya Road products and I loved working with their stamps and mists!

This month's featured manufacturers at A Walk Down Memory Lane are Bo Bunny Press and Maya Road. This means that this whole month Bo Bunny Press and Maya Road products are 25% off over at the AWDML store!

For this layout, I used this sketch that I designed for Creative Scrapper and haven't used myself yet:
sketch_30


and here is my layout:

Supplies-
cardstock: Bazzill, Recollections;
pattern paper: Paper Adventure-Ivory Floral, MME Hazel 6"x6" paper pad;
chipboard: American Craft Thickers;
ribbon: Maya Road Ribbon Satin Pleat Edging Cream;
ink: Stazon Archival Ink-Jet Black, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Vintage Photo;
stamp: Prima Notary stamp, Maya Road Stamp Sheet Doilies, Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch, Ranger Tim Holtz Mask Flourish;
pens: Signo white pen;
bling: Ranger liquid pearl, Tattered Angels glimmer Mist-Suede, Ranger stickles-Icicle;
tools: Cuttlebug machine, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals dies,  Martha Stewart punch-Scallop Dot, Double Loop;
other: sewing machine

I stayed pretty true to the sketch. The only change that I made was that I used one 4x6 picture instead of two 4x3 pictures. I made my own background using a brown cardstock, glimmer mist, and my handy Prima Notary background stamp.


I stamped a border using Maya Road Doily stamps around the background circle using archival black ink. These little stamps are so versatile!


Of course, I used my handy Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die to make my flowers! I made them out of brown and pink cardstock and added stickles to the edges. I also used the Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch stamps as fillers for the cluster.


I'm sure that most of you are familiar with Maya Road kraft envelopes. Well, I wanted to use one for this layout but forgot to get some. Luckily, I remembered that Lisa (a fellow Heartfelt Creations DTer) made a tutorial on how to make faux Maya Road envelopes so I made my own!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. If you like this sketch, use it on a layout and share with us over at the AWDML blog or Facebook page. You could win a $5 gift card to the store! Just post your creation to our Facebook Wall and you’ll automatically be entered in our monthly drawing! I can't wait to see your creations!

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous take on this sketch! You did an amazing job! TFS! Hugs ~gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful - love those flowers - and I am a big fan of kraft envelopes, so I really liked that you made your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the whole picture! The flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another wonderful LO.... I am in awe of what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!