Friday, January 13, 2012

friday...AWDML January 1 Reveal-Authentique (3/3)

Happy Friday! Today I have one last Authentique layout to share with you.

This month's featured manufacturers at A Walk Down Memory Lane are Authentique and Paper Smooches. This means that this whole month  Authentique and Paper Smooches products are 25% off over at the AWDML store! Now, this is my first time working with both manufacturers and I have to say that I love them both! Authentique papers are amazing-great thickness (for distressing), awesome patterns and amazing colors! Paper Smooches has great clear stamps and their alphabets fonts are great! (more on this manufacturer on the 15th).

For this layout, I used the Authentique Gathering Collection. I actually used a 12"x12" sheet of paper for the background (Reminisce) and the rest of the pattern papers are from the Gathering 6x6 Paper Pads.


Supplies-
cardstock: Bazzill;
patterned paper: Authentique Gathering Collection-Reminisce, Authentique Gathering 6x6 Paper Pads;
letter stickers: Authentique Uncommon Alpha Sticker Petite Type Circle, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type letter stickers, Fancy Pants Rusted Sun Alpha Stickers-Brown;
die cuts: Authentique Gathering Icons Diecuts;
stickers: Jenni Bowlin Studios Embellished Butterflies (Black);
rhinestones: Prima Say it in Crystals;
glitter: Ranger Stickles (Diamond);
ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Vintage Photo);
pens: American Crafts Precision Pen (Black), Ranger Opaque White pen;
tools: Spellbinders Rose Creations die, Ranger Tim Holtz Paper Distresser, Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page (Vintage Flowers, Doily Lace Trim), Cuttlebug Machine, Pazzles Inspiration Machine;
other: doily, sewing machine

The pictures I used for this layout were taken right outside a little French bakery (our favorite!) at France (in Epcot Center-Disney World). Since we moved just 15 minutes away from Disney World, my hubby and I purchased the annual passes and come and go to all 4 parks as we please. Our favorite one to go to is actually Epcot since it's targeted for adults and we don't see many kids there. Don't get me wrong, we love kids, but we are young and still in the let's-spend-our-time-together-without-kids stage since we don't have any yet. :)


For this layout, I machine stitched almost all the layers but the die cut shape. I designed and cut this die cut paper with my Pazzles Inspiration and doddled in faux stitching. I like the contrast of real machine stitching and the faux stitching so close to each other. I also used the top of this die cut paper for my journaling which I did by hand this time around.


I used the second half of the die cut paper to add my title which was a bit longer than what I'm used to so I had to use two letter stickers (I just love those brown alphas by Fancy Pants!).


I handmade some roses using my Spellbinders Rose Creations dies in oranges and browns and a few leaves to fill in the cluster.


Here's another shot of one of my handmade roses (they are so easy and simple to make!). I also added a few Jenni Bowlin butterflies which actually reminded me of France.

I actually have a sketch to share with you today. This layout is actually based on this sketch below:


If you like this sketch and would like to try it, share with us over at the AWDML blog or Facebook page. We would love to see your creations!


Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I'll have more to share with you on the 15th!

4 comments:

  1. this is just gorgeous and I LOVE that sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy...I love that sketch and what a beautiful LO you have done creating it! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Amarilys. That is my husband and I's favorite park too..lol It is very relaxing and so much to do. We have explored every nook and cranny. This layout is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!