Sunday, January 15, 2012

sunday...AWDML January 15 Reveal-Paper Smooches (1/4)

Good morning everyone! Today is a special day since it's my best friend's birthday! Happy Birthday Hanay! I was able to spend the day with her and her family yesterday at Animal Kingdom. If you missed it, here's the card that I made for her-and she loved it! :)

Now, on to some scrappy goodness. Today is the 15th which means reveal day for AWDML. This month's featured manufacturers at A Walk Down Memory Lane are Authentique and Paper Smooches. This means that this whole month  Authentique and Paper Smooches products are 25% off over at the AWDML store! Now, this is my first time working with both manufacturers and I have to say that I love them both! Authentique papers are amazing-great thickness (for distressing), awesome patterns and amazing colors! Paper Smooches has great clear stamps and their alphabets fonts are great!

Believe it or not, this little alphabet set by Paper Smooches called Alphadot is my very first alpha stamp set! I know, I know! I actually started scrapping before I stamped so now is when I'm getting around to getting a few basic stamps-like alphas!

Here are a few cards that I made with this set of alphas:

Supplies-
cardstock: Bazzill, DCWV;
patterned paper: Authentique Gathering 6x6 Paper Pads;
ink: StatzOn Timber Brown, Tim Holtz ( Evergreen Bough, Vintage Photo);
stamp: Paper Smooches Acrylic Stamp Alphadot, Imaginisce Snag'em Stamp Fairest of them All Bird;
pens: American Crafts Precision Pen (Black);
tools: Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page (vintage flower), Cuttlebug Machine, Pazzles Inspiration Machine;


I had this idea of using the whole alphabet (I just love them!) in a card and somehow made two of them! For this first one, I stamped the whole thing (minus the letters H and I) in brown and then went back and did the two letters in Evergreen Bough (teal) to make the sentiment stand out. I matted the sentiment twice, once in teal cardstock and then on brown cardstock. I finally used the Imaginisce Fairest of them All bird stamp and made a little birdie that i pop dotted on the bottom right side of the sentiment.

Here's a close up of this card:


Here's my next card using the whole alphabet. It's actually a little note card that I made for my hubby to hide in one of his work coat for him to find later.


Supplies-
cardstock: Bazzill, Recollections;
ink: StatzOn Jet Black, Tim Holtz (Festive Berries);
stamp: Paper Smooches Acrylic Stamp Alphadot;
pens: American Crafts Precision Pen (Black);
tools: Pazzles Inspiration Machine;
other: heart punch


For my next card,  I stamped the whole thing (minus the letters I and U) in black and then went back and did the two letters in Evergreen Bough (red) to make the sentiment stand out. I forgot to mention, before you stamp the whole alphabet, die cut and add a small red heart between the n and the o. Double mat the whole thing with red and black cardstock and place on a 3"x3" note card.

Here's the inside of the note for my hubby:


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card! I am like you, I am just learning to stamp. Glad you got to have some fun yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!