Friday, May 4, 2012

friday...Heartfelt Creations

Good afternoon cyber world! I finally got my internet back after 5 whole days without it! My hubby and I moved last Tuesday. Everything went smoothly and nothing broke! Today I want to share my Heartfelt Creations card that should have gone live on Wednesday but due to my lack of internet access I'm just posting it today.

I made a card using the Western Collection:
Supplies-
Heartfelt Creations:
HCPC 3457 Birch Tree precut Set
HCPC 3461 Western Sentiments Precut Set
HCPC 3463 Western Elements Precut Set
HCPC 3464 Barnyard Elements Precut Set
HCD 720 Western Broncos Die

Other:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Vintage Photo), StazOn Archival Ink (Jet Black), Tim Holtz paper distresser tool, Prismacolor Pencils (PC901, PC904, PC908, PC912, PC924, PC927, PC945, PC947, PC1003), OMS, Ranger Stickles (Diamond, Cinnamon), Crafter’s Cord True Hemp (Camouflage), sewing machine , Cuttlebug Machine

I have to say, I had a lot of fun coloring on this card! The Western Collection is simply amazing and versatile! I used my Prismacolor Pencils and OMS to color the images and only used the stamps on cream cardstock-no pattern paper was used on this card!


Here's a close up of the card. I pop dotted a few elements, added texture by adding the twine and used stickles to accent certain parts. Of course, I distressed the edges and double matted the image and machine stitched around it.


Here is the step by step write-up for this layout:

Cut out a 5”x12” rectangle out of a 12”x12” sheet of cream colored cardstock and fold in half to make the base. Cut a 5”x6” piece of brown cardstock and distress the edges with the Tim Holtz distressing tool. Cut a 4.5”x5.5” cream cardstock and stamp the following using black archival ink: the fence from the Western Elements Precut Set, the barn house from the Barnyard Elements Precut Set, and the sentiment from the Western Sentiments Precut Set. In a separate cardstock stamp and die cut using the matching dies the boot image twice. Color your scene using Prismacolor Pencils and blend them together using OMS. Distress the edges and mat using the brown cardstock. Machine stitch the edges and wrap a brown hemp cord around the bottom three times. Make a bow and add to the left side. Color the boots in red and pop dot one in front of the other and adhere by the bow. Adhere these two layers unto the card base. Finish by adding stickles to highlight some areas of the colored scene.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Stop by the Heartfelt Creations BLOG to see the rest of the DT reveal. Also, Heartfelt Craetions is debuting a new collection next Wednesday that you do not want to miss! It's called the Old English Garden Collection and it has teacups and flowers!!! Trust me, you DON'T WANT TO MISS IT!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!