Friday, May 4, 2012

friday...rolled rose card

Happy Friday! I want to share a project that I made for AWDML's last week's newsletter.

We all know that My Favorite Things make some amazing stamps but I especially love their dies! 


The My Favorite Things Die-namics Large Rolled Rose has fast become one of my go-to flower die because in just a few simple steps you get an amazing 3D rose! Their dies are sturdy and American-made out of steel so they will definitely last! The rose die is great to use with pattern paper, cardstock and even felt!

Below you can find a card that I made using two felt rolled roses:

Supplies-
cardstock: Recollections, Bazzill;
pattern paper: Authentique Uncommon 6x6 Paper Pad;
ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo);
bling: Rangers Liquid Peal (White Opal);
stamp: Basic Grey Delta Series Acrylic Stamps Birthday Hat;
felt: Stamp School Wool Felt 6x6 Bubble Gum, Stamp School Wool Felt 6x6 Hot Fudge;
tools: Tim Holtz Paper Distresser, My Favorite Things Die-namics Large Rolled Rose, Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Labels 4, Spellbinders Rose Creations;
adhesive: Glue Dots 3/8" Adhesives;
other: sewing machine


I made this card to be simple but elegant. I distressed the edges and machine stitched them. I added a pendant (I'm so loving these things!) running through the middle and added a stamped and die cut title over it.


For the flowers, I die cut two different color roses out of felt and roll them together to get the bi-colored flower. I also made a second pink flower and added it to the cluster. I die cut a few leaves and added them to the cluster. I finished by adding a small bling swirl and a few loose and randomly placed liquid pearl drops.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!