Friday, August 3, 2012

friday...Authentique layout

Hi everyone! Last week I got to share with you AWDML's Friday Sale on their blog! I hope you took advantage of the sale as it ended yesterday!

Authentique has grown so much in the past year or so and have fast become many people's favorite brand. Their patterns are unique and their paper is thick and luxurious. Not only do they sell 12"x12" paper but they also have 6"x6" paper pads, which are also sold in single sheets. I love this because I can sample a few sheets of a collection before purchasing the whole thing!

Of course, 6"x6" papers are not just for card makers. I love using these smaller papers on my layouts too!
Here's a layout that I made using 3 sheets of Authentique's Freebird 6"x6" paper:


I used a white cardstock for my background which I stamped, inked and misted to create a custom made backrgound paper. I cut out two 5.5" circles out of the blue 6"x6" paper, machine stitched around the edges and added them in opposite sides. I then cut four strips of a double sided paper (1/2" and 1.5" thick) and added them in the middle, close to the bottom of the layout. I added my pictures over these layers and added handmade/storebought flowers and leaves in the center to hide where the strips of papers meet. I tore a piece of blue pattern paper and added it to the top left side and added my title and another cluster there.

Here are some close ups of my layout:






You would never guess that I used only 3 sheets of 6"x6" pattern paper for this layout! If you have never tried making a 12"x12" layout of 6"x6" paper, give it a go! It's a great and fun challenge!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your layout Amarilys! The colors are beautiful! kisses

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!