Saturday, March 16, 2013

saturday...ScrapThat! March Kit-Layout #2

Hi everyone! I hope that your weekend is great so far! Today I want to share my last layout using the ScrapThat! March Kit.

"Cherish" Layout
I used the Main Kit, The Embellishment Add On and Flower Add On for this layout. The hemp cord, large pink Prima flower and cardboard are from my stash. Everything else is included in this month's kit.

 These pictures were taken by my friend Hanay when I first held her newborn daughter. These pictures are so precious to me and it's a memory that I will always cherish!

I wanted to make this layout as girly and frilly as I could and I definety LOVE how it turned out!

For the title, I fuzzy cut the Cherish circle out of the pre-printed sheet. I Colored the chipboard with green Smooch paint, added some crackle finish and added the title over it. I finished it off by adding the brown rope around it as if it was stitched. I love all the texture that I created in this little piece alone!

Here's a close up of the sweet punched butterflies and fuzzy cut leaves. These leaves are simply gorgeous!

Another close up of the cluster. I added a bunch of light green pearls in small clusters around the cluster when I was done. I love the added softness and femininity that it adds tot he layout!


Finally, here's a close up of the layers under the picture. I'm not a frilly gal so I combined the frilly and girly pattern paper with the rustic look of cardboard = a match made in heaven! I distressed everything and simply added the date the pictures were taken with the white alpha stickers.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today to check out my layout. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. WOW your have created a wonderful page with the MEg's Garden papers, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!