Tuesday, June 24, 2014

tuesday...Heartfelt Creations June Alumni Hop

Welcome everyone to my blog for the Heartfelt Creations June Alumni Blog Hop!

Be sure to leave a comment on all the participating blogs. One participant will be chosen to receive a $25 Gift Certificate. The more you comment the more entries you get into the random draw! Be sure the check the Winner Announcement on Sat, June 28. If you win, please send an email to Emma Lou and write "Winner of June Alumni Hop" in the subject line.

Hop ends on Friday, June 27 at midnight.

and here's the 5.5"x5.5" birthday card that I made using the Sweet Lullaby Collection:


I made this card for my mom whose birthday is tomorrow! (Happy Birthday Mom!). The loves doilies, flowers and all things pretty so this image and flowers were perfect for her birthday card!

For this card, I distressed the background and added it to a white 5.5"x5.5" cardstock. I stamped the sweet little girl with her kitty image and colored her with Prismacolor Pencils and blended them with OMS. I matted the image on green cardstock and added it to the center of the card. I die cut a white carriage and cut it to make 1/2 of a doily. I then threaded some red ribbon through it and added it to he right side of the image. I die cut a munch of the sweet lacey flowers, inked their edges to give them a vintage look and layered them. I added large pearls to their centers to continue the lace, vintage look of this card. I stamped and die cut some leaves and scattered them in the two flower clusters around the stamped image. I also stamped the sentiment and cut it out in a pennant and added it to the top right cluster. Finally, i added some liquid pearls to the clusters and stickles to the flowers and colored image.

Here are some close ups of the card:






Here's one last look at the whole card:


Thanks for visiting and taking your time to comment on my blog!

Your next stop is: Lisa Nazario-Gregory

Here's the blog hop order in case you get lost:
Giovana Smith: http://giovana-believe.blogspot.com/
Candy Slabaugh http://candyscreationsblog.blogspot.com
Amarilys Doria: http://amadrian8.blogspot.com/2014/06/tuesdayheartfelt-creations-june-alumni.html
Lisa Nazario-Gregory: http://what-a-beautiful-mess.blogspot.com/
Vicki Dutcher: http://allidoisstamp.blogspot.com/2014/06/heartfelt-creations-june-alumni-hop.html
Cibele Glazer http://flowerfoot.blogspot.com/2014/06/june-heartfelt-creations-alumni-dt-blog.html
Selma Stevenson http://selmasstampingcorner.blogspot.com/
Emilia van den Heuvel - http://few-favourite-things.blogspot.com/2014/06/heartfelt-creations-alumni-designers.html
Linda Loew: http://lindamloew.blogspot.com
Glenda Brooks: http://glendabrooks.blogspot.com/2014/06/heartfelt-creations-june-alumni-design.html
Mary Faus: http://merrymstamper.blogspot.com/2014/06/heartfelt-creations-alumni-dt-june.html
Sarah Miller: http://plainandfancypapercrafts.blogspot.com/2014/06/heartfelt-creations-june-alumni-dt-hop.html
Alissa Wells- http://willrunforstamps.blogspot.com
Lisa Allen- http://toddandlisacreations.blogspot.com/


Follow Me

46 comments:

  1. Pretty pink flowers - love the textured leaves - sweet card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors, the flowers are wonderful. Had to buy the die set just for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little die cut flowers with the inked edges -- makes the entire card so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Love the flowers and your colouring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I love the flowers. Great job on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet. I like your coloring, all the flowers and the use of Stickles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card. I'm sure your mother will love it! My birthday is Saturday so if your mom is a Cancer I bet we have some characteristics in common.

    What a great way to use the carriage die cut - you definitely think outside the box!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous sweet card that your Mom will love, beautifully coloured too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the flowers on this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your flowers and the colors you used on this card! I skipped the dies for these flowers but you make me want them all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Stunning card love the details and the layering of your elements are Amazing. love the blending of your colors and the little girl is Beautiful. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an adorable card. The girl is so cute. I love the flowers and the way you inked them - so pretty. There is so much texture and interest here. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great distressed card. Love the details on the leaves. Nice coloring on the focal stamped image. I'm sure your mother will love this card!!!

    Best wishes, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card....Love all the pink flowers......The little girl is sooooooooo cute....Great job....

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet, feminine card! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the flowers, beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the distressed edges on the design paper and the image is adorable! Your Mom will be so pleased to receive this wonderful card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it.. so pretty..
    Laura D.
    lauraleesdream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful birthday card for your mother. You did such a great job with the coloring and adding the flowers. I know she is going to keep it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the shabby vintage feel on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very sweet and elegant, I like the flowers. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super sweet image and love the coordinating flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely flowers! Your coloring is excellent too. Thanks for giving us inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So very lovely! The flowers and die swirl are a great accent to your beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  25. HI this is so cute, I love those flowers. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Perfect detailing I love the way you colored it very nice card and thank you for the opportunity to win

    ReplyDelete
  27. A real girly card for a young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This lace flower petal is an interesting look for flower petals. Thanks for demonstrating just how beautiful this flower petal style is.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the flowers. The color selection and accent color on the flowers is one of my favorites. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card! Love the flowers and the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So very pretty! I know your Mom will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love those flowers! That die is on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is not my favorite stamp from HFC, but you have made it very appealing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  34. How sweet. I will have to use the die and tag idea.

    ReplyDelete
  35. very cute card, your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sweet card. I will have to use the die and tag ides.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card! I hope your mom's birthday was just as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  38. so pretty, loving the distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very charming colored images and exquisite flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Cute card. Love the color combination...

    hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  41. The little girl stamp is adorable. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is gorgeous. Love the liquid pearl accent and the stickles on those beautiful lacey flowers. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!