Saturday, November 21, 2015

saturday...Merry Christmas card and a flower tutorial

Good morning friends! Today I want to share yet another Christmas Card with you! I made this one with the new ODBD November Release!


ODBD Products: Merry Christmas DiesPinecones DiesLovely Leaves DiesLayered Lacy Squares DieChristmas Collection 2015 Paper Pad

I matted my background paper with gold cardstock and added it over a cream colored cardbase. I then layered different die cut layers of the  Layered Lacy Squares Die in the center and added the die cut sentiment in the center. I embellished this card with a handmade red flower and some greenery.

Here's a close up of this card:


Here's the tutorial on how to make the flower:

Step 1. Die cut 5 pine cones from the NEW Pinecones Dies and ink their edges.


Step 2. Shape them according to my diagram to give each one a bowl shape.



Step 3. Start adhering them on their wider side on a 1" punched/die cut circle. Make sure that you overlap them as you adhere them.



Step 4. This is your finished bloom. You can use it as-is or you can make another one and layer them to get a bigger bloom. You can use whatever you want for their center.



Here's my finished version.

Hope that you enjoyed this quick tutorial! If you try it, let me know so I can see it!
Have a blessed day!

Follow Me

2 comments:

  1. Amarilys, your card is so gorgeous. I love it! Can you share the size of the card? Thanks!

    Bev
    beverly@stampingwithguneauxdesigns

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!