Wednesday, October 27, 2010

thursday...

Can you believe that it is the last Thursday of October which means that this is my last sketch as a guest DT for Sketchy Thursdays and I must say that I have enjoyed working with them this close and will definitely continue to play along their weekly sketches.

Here's the last sketch of October (10.28):


and here's my take on it:


I rotated the pictures clockwise to fit my pictures. These pictures were taken last Christmas and they are of my dog with his Christmas present-a new bed! I glimmer misted the red cardstock using a Pazzles die cut to get the flourish in the corners. I then went and outlined it with stickles to give it an embossed finish. I love how subtle but elegant this technique looks! I distressed this layer and machine stitched it unto the water distressed Anna Gliffin paper which I mounted on a black cardstock. The flowers are Prima's and the green holly felt under the pictures is by Recollections. I handmade both the black and white flourishes. For the journaling, I printed the words on white cardstock and then I cut them into strips which I then later distressed using the edge of my scissors. My dog's name, Cubby, I cut using my Pazzles and then I stickled in red to give it a Christmas feel. I do love how this layout turned out!

Here are some more close ups of the finished layout:


Don't forget to stop by Sketchy Thursdays and play along! Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!