Monday, February 27, 2012

monday...sharing a layout

It's Monday again! Can you believe it? This weekend was so much fun but it flew by way too fast!

Today I'm actually sharing a layout I made for a few challenges and not for any of my DTs! I can't remember the last time I did one of these!

Here's my layout:


First of all, this layout is based on my sketch below:


I was also inspired by this week's Case File No. 8 over at CSI. CSI is a brand new challenge ning site that not only provides a color challenge but also gets you to tell the store behind the picture(s). If you haven't checked them out yet, stop by and do!

Here is this week's case:


I just loved the masculine colors in this week's challenge and decided to use these colors in a layout about my dog playing with his tennis ball.


EVIDENCE 
Use stars : I made a large star die cut shape and used it as my background
Use glass or transparent elements: I used a transparency sheet to maky the dragonflies’ wings (Here’s a tutorial)
Use liquid mediums: I used Glossy Accents on my journaling strips, paint on my flowers, glimmer mist on the star die cut shape, and ink everywhere! :)

TESTIMONY
Tell three quirky factoids about your subject

Below are some close ups:











I'm also entering this layout in Flying Unicorn's Feb Pet challenge.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I really appreciate it! :)

2 comments:

  1. thank you for always being so innovative and inspiring. You keep making me want to try new things and scrap til I drop

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous layout Amy...love the colors and that was a hard palette for me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog!